June 26 – June 28, 2017
Nanopatterning2017 will be the 9th International Workshop on Nanoscale Pattern formation at Surfaces. This workshop series is dedicated to research on on novel methods and applications of self-organized nanopattern production at surfaces such as miniaturization, flat surface growth, or periodic nanostructure production either by growth or erosion techniques.
The meeting will be held Monday 26th of June to Wednesday 28th of June 2017, with the registration opening alredy on Sunday 25th, in the main building of the University of Helsinki, in downtown Helsinki, Finland.
The aim of the workshop is to be the primary forum for scientific discussions on novel methods and applications of self-organized nanopattern production at surfaces such as miniaturization, flat surface growth, or periodic nanostructure production either by growth or erosion techniques. During the last decade successful advances have been accomplished in experiments and modeling of these far-from-equilibrium effects on various materials. Beside the fundamental understanding of the mechanisms leading to the manifold surface patterns formation, their applications in different areas and technologies will be in the focus of this meeting. The overall aim of the series is to bring together researchers from different fields and benefit from their areas of expertise and techniques.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Experimental studies of surface nanopatterning by ion beam sputtering
- Pattern formation during surface growth or photon irradiation
- Theory and modeling of surface pattern formation during ion erosion and layer deposition
- Surface patterns at the sub-micron scale by Focused Ion Beams
- Surface patterns by assembling of molecular and biological entities
- Surface nanostructuring with swift and highly charged ions
- Modification of surface properties by pattern formation
- Applications of surface nanopatterns